Saturday, September 19, 2009

We'll Take the Win, But . . .

This weekend was another home game, and for the second time this year we had absolutely stellar weather. My favorite part of game-day is always the Moreau Seminary tailgate party. In part that's because Fr. Jim Gallagher, CSC and I started the tradition lo these many years ago.

Here Jim and I are joined by Candidate seminarian Kevin Wack . . .


. . . and Fr. Greg Haake, CSC is joined by temporarily professed seminarian Brian Ching, CSC.


Inside the stadium I have the pleasure of sitting with my classmates and other Holy Cross confreres from Corby Hall:


And no matter how the game goes, we can at least enjoy the marching band:


I actually left today's game early so that I wouldn't have to see Michigan State beat us yet again at home. By some miracle, ND came up with an interception that saved the game. Let's just hope it didn't save Charlie Weis' job. It's just become perfectly clear that despite the talent he recruits, he is simply incapable of coaching a team to excellence . . . which is what we claimed we were aiming for when we hired him in the first place.

3 comments:

Labs said...

When did Fr. Neil get kicked back to the seminary? :) Close enough though.

Fr. Stephen M. Koeth, C.S.C. said...

Chris - Thanks for catching my error. These are long days, as you know ;) Happy to know you're reading closely!

Fr. Michael Wurtz, CSC said...

Fair weather fan.... Koeth, fun post, fun pics.