David Ruffer is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame. Like me, he's a Siegfried Rambler. He's also originally from the Washington D.C. area and in high school he attended Gonzaga Prep. which boasts a number of students and alums from Little Flower Parish where I currently reside.
David is finishing up his last season as the place kicker for Notre Dame's football team. But before he walked-on to the varsity squad, he played for Siegfried Hall's inter-hall football team. I knew David's fabulous story from some of the coverage it received when he was first recruited and ultimately given a scholarship. NBC did a halftime spot on him as I recall. But I had never seen this fantastic video from NFL Films:
I was thrilled to see the coverage that Siegfried Hall received, including its wonderful rector, my friend and brother, Fr. John Conley, C.S.C., the "Hall of Champions" banner above the front doors, and especially the hall's first ever inter-hall championship trophy. That trophy was won, for bowling, by my section mates way back in 1998!
1 comment:
Thanks for this, Stephen. I never would have seen it otherwise!
Post a Comment