This past weekend Little Flower Parish and School had a tremendous cause for celebration. Sister Rachel Terry, IHM who serves as the music teacher in our school professed her final vows in The Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. It was a very beautiful liturgy and as always it is very powerful to see someone consecrate their lives to Christ and His Church. May God bless Sister Rachel and the witness she provides!
There was a tremendous turn-out of parishioners, school children, and IHM Sisters for the celebration. Frs. Jeff and Mark who have previously been assigned to Little Flower also made return visits to help us celebrate. Here we pose with Sister and some of her family and friends:
I was also very happy to reconnect with two of the three IHM sisters who served at St. Joseph by the Sea High School when I was a student there. Sisters Mindy and Joan taught religion and music respectively and I remember their humor and kindness very fondly. We had not seen one another since I graduated in 1995!
And I didn't leave the festivities empty handed. The chair I sat in at dinner just happened to have a "winning sticker" on the underside of the seat and so I got to take the table's centerpiece home. Here Fr. Anthony awards me my prize ... which I promptly passed on to our parish secretary so that it would not be doomed to a rapid and inglorious death by my black thumb!

No comments:
Post a Comment