Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Old College Try

During my trip to South Bend for the Holy Cross ordinations I was announced to the men of Old College as their new assistant rector for the coming academic year.


Old College is the undergraduate seminary program for the Congregation of Holy Cross, and it is housed in the oldest building on the campus of the University of Notre Dame. I was not an Old Collegian during my undergraduate days, but several of my close friends were, including now Frs. Michael Wurtz, CSC and Nate Wills, CSC.

The program is currently directed by Fr. Kevin Russeau, CSC, Mr. Gerry Olinger, CSC and Bro. Ed Luther, CSC. They have a great group of guys under their care, and I am excited to be a part of the program for the coming year. I will live in Old College with the men, and assist in their formation, while I prepare for graduate studies and do some work in the Cushwa Center.

3 comments:

Fr. Michael Wurtz, CSC said...

The men of Old College will be quite fortunate.

Fr. Stephen M. Koeth, C.S.C. said...

Thanks Michael. I'm sure I will think of you, Nate, and Duba a million times during the year ahead :)

Staci said...

That's really cool! Nathaniel and I are very excited for you to be back on campus, and what a fun assignment to have there. I look forward to hearing more about it in the coming months.