Last night we attended the Blazers game against the Indiana Pacers. Though I've lived nearly a decade in the Hoosier state, and am headed back there shortly, I had no qualms rooting for our boys in black. I was, however, glad to see that former ND star Troy Murphy was doing well with the Pacers.
He was doing so well, the Pacers led throughout most of the game! But yet again, the Blazers roared back and tied the game with just seconds to go - and yet again won in the final seconds, in great part thanks to Brandon Roy - and yet again scored over 100 points, earning us all a free chalupa. I think there's a pattern developing here!
Despite not feeling 100%, Stacey was a real trooper, and we all had a great time.
(We also had the chance to support most worthy cause - albeit a sad one. Earlier in the week, a teenage boy with Down Syndrome was struck by a car after leaving a Blazers game. The Blazers organization and the fans at last night's game contributed $21,000 to the family to help cover medical expenses. Sadly, it was announced today that their son had passed away. May his soul rest in peace.)
No comments:
Post a Comment