We are deeply grateful to Mike and Amanda Lazinski for their wonderful hospitality to us during our stay in Salt Lake. They were terrific tour guides, and treated us to a great barbecue and a great fireworks display. It was a real pleasure for me to see their lovely home, to celebrate Mass with them on Sunday morning, and just to catch up and hang out.
Leaving Salt Lake City, we drove east on I-80 past Park City, Utah and into Wyoming. Though some have complained about how boring some of this drive can be, I was impressed with the natural beauty of the land, and the sky above:
Today was a long day of driving for us, with only a few stops for meals, gas and bathroom breaks. We did, however, make a point of stopping at Little America, which touts itself as one of the nation's oldest interstate rest areas. But really, we were there for the 50¢ ice cream cones:
Along the way, I've been interested in all sorts of things I've simply never seen before. One example is these snow drift fences we have seen throughout Utah, Wyoming and Nebraska:
After a long day of driving we arrived in Sidney, Nebraska. We took a swim in the hotel pool, had dinner, and hit the hay - ready for our visit to Cabella's tomorrow morning, and then the drive to Lincoln.
2 comments:
Stephen -- I'm loving this travelog! Enjoy!! xoxo Barbara
I love the clouds and knowing your journey so far is safe! I wish we had the big puffs here, good to know I'll see some in Indiana in a couple weeks.
praying for you.
Post a Comment