Monday, August 10, 2009

Leisure in Land O' Lakes

Before the craziness of the new school year there was time for one final bit of relaxation in my summer. I spent a few days vacationing with my brothers in Holy Cross at the Notre Dame property in Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin.

Most of the guys go to fish, but I find plenty of other things to fill the time. After sleeping in, I spent the days reading and doing prep work for the GRE Exam. After lunch, I took advantage of the water. For me, the lakes are a chance to do some kayaking, which I very much enjoy:


After Mass and dinner, there is always time for a game of bocce . . .


. . . before heading out on the pontoon boat for a sunset cruise.


This year we were treated to several spectacular moon-rises. We also enjoyed cool evenings and sunny days - just warm enough to sit out on the dock and take in some rays.


Finally, we'd settle in to a nice fire, enjoy a cocktail, and play some cards or board games.


Inevitably, there's lots of B.S.-ing and laughing in Land O' Lakes - and good times were had by all!

No comments: