Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"That Voodoo That You Do . . ."

Holy Cross seminarian Tim Mouton has been living and working at Holy Redeemer this summer before heading to Cascade, CO as a novice this August. His last day in Portland was Tuesday and as his flight home approached I discovered he had not yet been to Voodoo Doughnuts!

Regular readers of this blog know that this is a favorite spot of mine, a quintessentially Portland establishment, and an absolute must-see on any tour of Portland. So the Noems and I introduced Tim to the pastry delights that come in a pink box.

Josh had, what was for our gang at least, a new doughnut: Chester's Revenge . . . which featured caramel icing and Cheetos!


Being from Houston, TX Tim felt obliged to have the Tex-Ass doughnut, which as you can see here is quite a bit larger than the standard doughnut . . . like Texas!


I think Tim enjoyed his late-night feast, and I was glad to have made a visit before I head back East myself. While, I am glad to be heading back to the land of Dunkin Donuts as I move to the East Coast, it's still true that nothing compares to Voodoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo those donuts are huge! But I don't know about the best... the best donut place is called " Chinese food and donuts" On grape street, Compton California.!:)