Today marks two weeks since I moved into my new residence at Little Flower Parish. Actually, given the fantastically warm welcome I've received, it feels much longer than that - and it's already starting to feel like home.
I had promised that I would post some pictures of my room.
When all of my things were boxed up and stacked in the center of the room, I was amazed there was so much stuff. But I knew it would fit, as it all fit in my even smaller room in Old College last year. As you can probably guess from the pictures, it was mainly books!
There are two things in the room that I have not had since I entered Holy Cross in 2000 . . . a TV and my own bathroom! I'm not sure I care about the TV all that much. I don't watch much TV other than sports and I prefer to watch them with other people. I could get used to not having to share a bathroom, however. My classmates marvel that I've shared a bathroom for so long, and they marvel at who I've had to share them with! They tell me this is a life-change you don't go back on!
Upstairs, where the other priests reside, there is a small chapel and guest room. Also on the first floor is the kitchen, dining room, and a nice community room, very reminiscent of the room I renovated in the rectory at Holy Redeemer.
Already the best part of the rectory has been the priestly fraternity I've experienced within. I'm grateful to the men here and am looking forward to the months and years ahead.
2 comments:
Nice digs! Congrats on finally getting your own bathroom!
I've been worrying about who you'll watch ND football games with...
Post a Comment