Beginning just before Thanksgiving, and running right up until my departure for home, I had several visitors in Washington, D.C. Stacey came down to Washington after several days at a conference in Baltimore.
Among other things, we enjoyed visiting the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the Renwick Gallery. The paintings and drawings were all from the private collections of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas and were most impressive.
We also made a foray into Georgetown for dinner as the temperatures began their first real dip of the season and the stores began their decorating for Christmas.
Thanksgiving weekend, Kevin, Jeanette and Will joined me for a day on campus during their holiday travels to Maryland.
And then, when the semester's work had finished, I had several free days to relax with Fr. Michel Wurtz, C.S.C. who stopped in D.C. on his way home to Arkansas from graduate studies in Rome.
Michael and I toured the National Cathedral, which I always think is more impressive from outside than from within, and the always impressive Basilica Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
We walked the National Mall, visiting the World War II Memorial - and when dark had descended, we stopped by the National Christmas Tree in front of the White House.
Michael's visit gave me first real opportunity to explore some restaurants and cocktail lounges in the District, and I'll post more on them later. In the meanwhile, I'm looking forward to visits - early in the new year - from several Holy Cross confreres who will be attending the annual March for Life, as well as from two of my ordination classmates.



1 comment:
Always glad to give you a reason to visit restaurants and cocktail lounges!! It's a charism. ;-)
Post a Comment