Yesterday was also my good friend and fellow Holy Cross religious Gerry Olinger's 29th birthday. Gerry is in Portland for the summer, working at the University of Portland before finishing his MDiv at Notre Dame this coming academic year. Many of the usual suspects gathered at Pix Patisserie here in North Portland for the festivities.
Pix, as it's usually called, is a funky little spot for drinks and desserts. I've enjoyed celebrating other milestones there . . . and it's also where Josh Noem and I were first introduced to the cocktail called the "Godfather," which became particularly important to us on November 23rd, 2007:
1 comment:
Nice to see, Stephen, that your tavern and restaurant-centered ministry remains robust as always. Your mission to ensure that nary a Portland barkeep, waiter or hostesses will go without the Good News appears to be proceeding apace. :)
"Gift and Mystery:" I came for the weekly homilies; I stayed for the weekly update on people buying you dinner. In this instance, however, it appears you put a down payment on that meal with the soccer and hoops. Who am I to deny that? Cheers.
S
Post a Comment