Friday, November 21, 2008

It's Official!

This past weekend Fr. Joe officially announced to the parish that he will be reassigned this summer. We in Holy Cross have known this for a little bit, but it was now time to make the news public. Joe will be moving to Notre Dame to begin working with the Alliance for Catholic Education.

In his remarks at all of the Masses this weekend Fr. Joe also officially announced that I will be leaving this summer as well. I received my assignment to graduate studies last winter and it was confirmed and announced to the Holy Cross community a few months ago. I have not been keeping this a secret, but for many people this weekend's announcement was the first time they knew for sure that I was leaving this July.

In the coming weeks I'll have the chance to write a brief explanation of my plans for the bulletin and I'll be sure to post that here for your interest as well.

No comments: