I know that many of you will find it odd that I am grateful for a slowdown in the snow. Yes, I am still the same Stephen who LOVES the snow, but I will confess that this is the first time I have lived somewhere that is crippled by the inability to handle snow removal. Now, I certainly can't blame the city of Portland - this is literally a 40-year record snow. But it would be really depressing if no one was able to come to Mass on Christmas!


Especially since, as you can see, we are all ready for the Christmas Masses. Yesterday the poinsettias were delivered and we set up the trees, lights and creche. I was grateful to have help from about a half dozen parishioners who walked their way to church to help decorate. It came together late, but I think it came together well.
Finishing up the church yesterday gave me the time to finalize my Christmas homily, and to stop by the Noem home to celebrate Christmas with my goddaughter Lucy, and her brothers Oscar and Simon (who is engrossed with the present I brought!)

Merry Christmas to one and all!
No comments:
Post a Comment