Friday, December 5, 2008

Getting There

It's hard to believe but the dining room renovations are rapidly drawing to a close! All of the lighting is now finished, and the ceiling tiles have been painted and (most of them) have been reinstalled. The walls have all been painted (including the red in the elevator lobby which you haven't seen yet). Only a few pieces of trim work will need to be painted in the next few weeks. Meanwhile the last big project, the installation of the wood laminate floor, has been moving along quite nicely:


I was nervous about this part of the project as I haven't had the best time with this product in the past. But things could not be moving more quickly or smoothly this time round.  I anticipate finishing the floor this weekend, leaving me over a week to finish painting the trim and decorating before the room hosts its first major event: the Holy Redeemer staff Christmas party on December 17th!

I think the next pictures will be of the finished project !  :)

No comments: