Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'll Be Home For Christmas

By some minor miracle I not only made it out of snowy Portland, I arrived at Newark Liberty Airport a half-hour early! Given all of the snow in Portland I honestly thought I was either going to be stuck in the Northwest for Christmas, or face a travel nightmare. But I made it home to Staten Island in time for Christmas dinner here at the Koeth compound:




Apparently I was good this year because Santa left me pile of gifts under this tree. "He knows, He always knows!"



I've spent the rest of the break visiting with family and friends. You can see my dad, his brother, my uncle Joe, and his daughter, my cousin Chemin (holding her newborn son, Jayson):


The Rhode Island Koeth clan, my aunt Barbara and I were all visiting the "home country" for Christmas so we all got together for a lovely dinner. I've also traveled to Kingston and to Queens to visit my mom's sisters and their families. Finally, I made a trip to Philadelphia to visit some ND friends . . . more on that in another post.

No comments: