I can sometimes go days without eating much meat. Don't get me wrong, I love meat and could never be a vegetarian - if God didn't want us to eat those animals He wouldn't have made them so tasty! - but I'm certainly not the biggest carnivore you'll ever meet. Seafood, pasta, and vegetables can keep me going just fine.
But I knew from previous experience that when I can't eat meat, I crave it terribly. Isn't it funny how that works? With the start of Lent, this week has two days of abstinence - so to prepare ourselves in grand fashion, Ken and I enjoyed Monday lunch at the Russell Street Bar-B-Que.

Opened in 2004, this place has been well received by the North Portland crowd. I've had lots of different people recommend the place to me, but this was my first chance to taste for myself. I always judge a barbecue place by their pulled pork sandwich - maybe not the toughest thing to do well, but it's my favorite, and I definitely know the difference between good and bad pulled pork.
Russell Street didn't disappoint. They have ample seating in a simply but nicely decorated and well-lit dining room. They have an impressive Drinks menu, and a sizable food menu as well. Both the pork itself, and their barbecue sauce were delightful. The Frito Pie (corn chips with chili, onions and cheese) made the perfect appetizer, and the brownie sundae was absolutely spectacular.
1 comment:
Definitely the best place for BBQ in PDX. A Dan Adams favorite!
-Nick
Post a Comment