Friday, May 22, 2009

Baptisms by the Bay

I've been in San Francisco for the past week, enjoying some time with family and friends. Lots of pictures and stories to share, so look for several posts in the coming days about my adventures in the City by the Bay.

My visit centered on an invitation from Matt and Meg Schoettler to baptize their daughter Josephine Rose. Matt was a fellow Siegfried Hall Rambler and Meg is a Georgetown alumna - they're just delightful people and I was honored that they asked me to come for the Baptism.

They are new members of St. Ignatius Parish in San Francisco which is also the chapel for the Jesuit run University of San Francisco.


It is a big, beautiful church and we had a lovely Baptism there last Saturday. Matt's older brother and his wife also asked that I baptize their youngest, so we had a double-dunk!

Afterwards we all gathered for a lovely brunch reception at Matt and Meg's apartment complex, which is part of the new University of California at San Francisco campus in Mission Bay. Meg is a graduate nursing student at the university.

I had the chance to share lunch with Matt, Meg and Josephine later in the week and it was great to catch up with them. I'm told there are some good pictures of the happy day, and I'll post them here if they're sent along to me.

No comments: