Friday, March 5, 2010

Siegfried Hockey

Over the past two weeks the interhall hockey season concluded here at Notre Dame, and my Siegfried Ramblers were once more in the playoffs. I enjoyed attending two of the playoff games this year.

In their first game, Siegfried defeated their mod-quad rivals, Knott Hall in a game for the ages. After two sudden-death overtime periods, the score was still tied - so it took penalty shots for Siegfried to win and advance.


I was particularly pleased that one of my Old Collegians, freshman Dan Cruickshank played for Siegfried as a defenseman. Here he is between shifts, wearing number twelve and sitting on the far left:


Unfortunately, Siegfried lost to Dillon Hall in the finals. But again, it was a game for the ages. Siegfried came back from a two goal deficit in the third period to send the game into extra periods. It was in the second sudden-death period that Dillon scored and captured the title.

2 comments:

hubriscube said...

Wait, did they have real hockey when we were there?!? How did I miss out on all that stuff?!?

Anonymous said...

Dillon wins! It's okay to be jealous. --Josh