Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Oregon Zoo

During my four years in Portland I never made a visit to the Oregon Zoo despite it's considerable reputation. The Noems certainly enjoy going as a family and I was happy to accept an invitation to join Stacey and the kids on one of their regular visits.

In terms of the animals, I was particularly impressed by the eagles and how close we were able to get to these majestic birds.


I also enjoyed seeing some of the more exotic animals, including this giraffe:


But most of all, it was a lot of fun spending time with these little monkeys ;)


On our way out of the zoo, we were able to feed these colorful little birds. Here Simon lures one to a fence post . . . but yours truly actually let the darn things land on his arm! Sadly, there are no pictures of this city boy's rare interaction with nature!


Back at the house Lucy and Simon decided that, like the birds, they needed to be replenished with a sweet summer elixir. Lemonade fit the bill, and dad put them in charge of making it!!


I was very happy to spend the day with the kids and to enjoy yet another of Portland's attractions.

No comments: