Sunday, July 13, 2008

Jesus Jamboree

After saying the 5 pm evening Mass here at Holy Redeemer I hopped in the car and made the hour drive up Mt. Hood, to the Archdiocese of Portland's CYO camp, Camp Howard. 

I was invited by the Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon to say Mass for their Jesus Jamboree, a faith and vocations camp for Catholic grade schoolers.  I'm not sure I'm into the name, but it certainly seemed to be a great event. 

There were about 150 young people, mainly girls, at our 8 pm Mass in the shade of Mt Hood.  I took this picture as Mass was ending . . . in it you can see the panoramic view that was behind me as I celebrated Mass. I wonder if anyone was listening to my homily?

1 comment:

Fr. Michael Wurtz, CSC said...

Um, do you really want us to answer that last question......?

"I'm sure they did, Stephen. I'm sure they did." :-)