It's hard to believe but this summer marks five years since I first came to Holy Redeemer. I spent the summer after my first year in temporary vows living and working here. One of the responsibilities I was given was assisting with the parish's summer religious education camp (REC) for the two weeks of its run.
The program gives students in grades K-5 an opportunity for religious education above and beyond (or at least reinforcing) what they are getting in religion class in our school. The day involves prayer, activities, crafts, music, lessons, and of course snacks and playtime.
This year the program ran for two weeks and for the fifth summer in a row a Holy Cross seminarian has assisted with the program. Here the kids start the day with song and prayer in the church:
and here's the gang posing for the end of camp photo this morning:
No comments:
Post a Comment