This weekend I celebrated my last Masses at Holy Redeemer Parish, and on Sunday afternoon the parish threw a going-away celebration for Fr. Joe and me. It was a lovely summer day so we gathered outside for food, music and a few tributes.
Several parishioners spoke in honor of both Fr. Joe and myself. I was deeply honored that Jonah Grahek and Chris Mannenbach, fresh back from a week at ND Vision, both spoke for me. Their generous and kind words were the greatest gift I could have received, and quite possibly the nicest things that will ever be said of me! I was deeply touched and am grateful to these fine young men and their families.
Everyone gathered joined in a prayer of blessing over us and then there were lots of hugs and goodbyes. I never got to the food, but I'm sure it was great :)
And a word of thanks to my friends Sarah and Max (who attended my ordination) and took all these great photos so I can share them with you, and better remember this wonderful day:
I have just a little more packing to do and a few more farewell events with friends this week . . . then on Thursday morning I hit the open road with Ken, Julie and Brenda. I'll do my best to keep you posted from the road with stories of our travels.
For now, a very fond farewell to all of my friends at Holy Redeemer. As I said in my homily this weekend, I was tremendously blessed when I was assigned (and reassigned :) to Holy Redeemer, and I am grateful to everyone here for their support, love and prayers. Until we meet again, my God hold you in the hollow of His hand!
No comments:
Post a Comment