The Knights of Columbus at the University of Notre Dame are celebrating their 100th anniversary, and they have been hosting a series of events to celebrate. As I was away this weekend, I missed several of the main centennial events - but before I departed I was able to participate in one of the most important events: a visit to campus and lecture by the Supreme Knight, Carl Anderson.

I was happy that Ken Hallenius was still visiting after ordination weekend, so he was able to join me for the lecture. If you follow this link you can view some photos of the event. See if you recognize anyone in pictures five and six.
The webpage of the Knights of Columbus has a wonderful article on college councils, including the Council 1477, Notre Dame's 100 year-old council, which is in fact the oldest and largest college council (It should be noted that The University of Portland has one of the newest college councils, which is named in honor of Blessed Basil Moreau, CSC - and Ken Hallenius is a founding member of that council).
No comments:
Post a Comment