Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Shadow of Peter


"More than ever believers were added to the Lord.  And they carried out the sick into the streets, and laid them on cots and mats, in order that Peter's shadow might fall on some of them as he came by." (Acts 5:15)

Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers, voicemails and emails!  It was a truly wonderful weekend for me personally.  And I think that the overwhelming reaction is that the Pope's visit exceeded everyone's expectations.  I hope, and trust, that the "shadow" of Peter's visit to the US will have long and lasting effects.  

I look forward to telling you all about it soon - in person, and here on the blog.  Be sure to stay tuned for posts and pictures.

(Here's the first of my pictures.  At the Mass at St. Patrick's I was just a few feet from the Holy Father as he processed down a side aisle at the beginning of Mass.  I know this is from behind, but I didn't want to be looking at him through a camera when I saw him up close . . . and I think it kind of fits this quote from Scripture quite nicely)

1 comment:

rich said...

It was wonderful to see you here in NY and at Yankee Stadium for the Papal Mass. It also does my heart good to know you and Dan are following in the footsteps of Peter. This is such a great way for me to keep up with what you are doing.