I mentioned earlier that during my time at home I visited friends in Philadelphia. I spent a lovely afternoon with Mr. Gerry Olinger, CSC touring his hometown, and then spent a great evening at the home of Scott and Laura Cullen.
I hadn't been to Philadelphia in a long time, so it was fun to see the "Rocky Steps" . . .
. . . the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall . . .
. . . the Betsy Ross House, and the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul, where John Cardinal O'Hara, CSC served as Archbishop of Philadelphia.
Gerry and I also walked around the famous Reading Terminal Market and drooled at all of the wonderful food vendors.
Back on Staten Island I was honored to preside at several Masses at my home parish. That also gave me the chance to catch up with Mr. Richard Tuite, who taught me in eighth grade and is studying for the permanent diaconate, and his son Danny who is a seminarian for the Archdiocese of New York. It was especially nice that my grandmother was able to join my parents and I for one of those Masses and then to have breakfast together afterwards.
I also had the chance to go bowling with my aunt Ginny. I hadn't been in ages and I was pretty pleased with how I did. We had a great time.
And somewhere in the midst of all that I found at least a little time to just relax around the house with Mom and Dad, which is perhaps my favorite part of my trips home. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that they feed me pretty well too ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment