Friday, September 26, 2008

"No Room at the Inn"


When my aunts Ginny and Dee and uncles Tim and Joe visited me here last October, they stayed in a Courtyard Marriott near the Columbia River. We noted at the time that there was construction being done on a few other hotels and stores in the same complex. Little did I know then that I would be called on to bless one of those new hotels!!

The developer of the entire complex is an active Catholic, whose daughter attended a Holy Cross high school in California. One of our men from UP has blessed several of his properties and ventures here in Portland, but he was unavailable today. So I got called from the bullpen to say a prayer and blessing at the formal opening of the new Fairfield Inn & Suites. I even got to help the owner's wife cut the ceremonial ribbon! (I'll have to scour the internet for that picture ;)

I swear, in this line of work you just never know what you're going to be asked when you pick up the phone!

No comments: