After Masses this morning at Holy Redeemer, I visited one of our neighboring parishes to the south: St. Stanislaus Polish Parish. This was the first time in my four years in Portland that I had the chance to see the inside of their rather pretty little church.
But I must confess I wasn't there for such pious pursuits. I went to attend the annual Polish Festival that the parish holds in the streets around the church. I've wanted to check this out before, but something always got in the way.
I was glad to be available this year, and was really impressed with the size of the crowd and especially by the quality of the food. I enjoyed a plate of kielbasa, pierogi and cabbage . . . and a Polish beer! It was a lovely afternoon to sit outside, enjoy good food and drink, listen to some fun music, and share a laugh with a few parishioners I happened to run into.
No comments:
Post a Comment